In the Beginning
Established in 1832, the Bahney Funeral Home began at the location of 9 North College Street, Myerstown. In 1971, the funeral home became known as Kercher Funeral Home under the ownership of Robert F. Kercher.
A Turning Point
Mr. Kercher (left) retired in 1986 and the business was purchased by Kathy M. Grose. Ms. Grose’s career in funeral service began in 1976 after graduating from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. After serving her internship in Lebanon, she became the first woman to receive a funeral director’s license in Lebanon County.
A New Location
Ms. Grose continued operating the funeral home at the North College Street address until 2003 when a new, larger establishment was built at its current location of 358 West Washington Avenue, Myerstown.
On June 30, 2014, Kathy Grose (left) retired and the business was purchased by longtime employee, Justin K. Huie.